Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What are you sowing today?

I had a little time this weekend to reflect.  And as I considered what I was going to create I thought about the homophones sew and sow.  I am a big believer in karma.  I believe that you reap what you sow. What am I investing in today that will pay off tomorrow?  I bet if I thought that way every day, I would be more productive, compassionate, mindful....you fill in the blank.  It may be that I do something kind for another, that I change some small thing about how I parent in order to be a better mother, learn something new.  Our tomorrow is, in my opinion, the direct outcome of the choices we make today.  


This weekend I bought an embroidery hoop and spent some time on youtube in hopes that I could make a few monogrammed tea towels for a friend of mine.  I have never done this before, so don't judge too harshly :).  I found the fabric at a local shop.  They had many patterns.  They actually called it tea towel material.  (as a side note, the blog popsugar features Martha Stewart's girls' dresses made from vintage versions of this fabric.)


I figure that if nothing else, I have begun to learn something new and hopefully brought a smile to someone's face.  I hope to continue to be mindful about the idea that every choice I make today will manifest itself sometime in the future.....for better or for worse. 

Happy Tuesday

Michele

3 comments:

  1. Oh, these turned out beautiful, Michele and I love your message today:-)

    Hope all is well.

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your thinking! I do agree with you. It's a great idea to try a new skill. You never know what may come of it. It could even lead to something else down the road. And you're being a good role model for your daughters. I love the tea towels you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful thoughts and a gentle reminder for us all to live by them. "merci" michelle! i hope you are well. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....