Monday, October 29, 2012

Giants Cake!

I do not claim to be a huge Giants fan.  I like baseball.  Many of my friends, though, who eat, breathe, and sleep orange and black.  That being said, as a resident of San Francisco for over twenty years now, it is tough not to get caught up in the excitement which culminated last night when they won the World Series.  So as my contribution to my friend's dinner party to watch the game, I made this cake.  



The inside, which I did not get any good photos of, was four layers, each one a slightly darker shade of orange.  



Congratulations to our Giants!

Also, my thoughts and prayers are with the people on the East Coast today.  

Enjoy your week and be sure to enter the giveaway for my shop at Primp.  Michele, (yes, the author of the wonderful blog Primp, and I spell our names the same way) has been very kind to host it!  Thank you, Michele.


Michele

4 comments:

  1. I love how pretty the cake turned out and the cute banner you made for it. Congrats on your win! I'm going to go check out your giveaway now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching the world series faithfully and I must say I cried last night when they won, could be the pregnancy hormones, but I looked over at my hubbs who looked a little watery in the eyes hahaha he is from the Bay and breathes the Giants and Niners, it was such a great game last night and your cake is simply fabulous!! Wishing you a lovely week, Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. How 'bout them Giants! (Sorry about the poor grammar!)
    My hubby was drafted by the Giants, and the Selective Service back in the Viet Nam era.
    He served Uncle Sam, and never played for the Giants.
    The Giants will always have their special place in our family history. We were rooting for them all the way!
    Congratulations SFO!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let them eat cake!
    I LOVE your banner cakes!
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I really love to hear from you....